Mr Dylan James
MB BCh 1994 Wales; FRACS (Pl Rec Surg) 2013
I currently consult at level 2 /11 Caledonian road, Christchurch near Southern Cross Hospital. The Rooms have a Minor Operating Facility for performing skin cancer surgery and hand surgery (ACC and non - ACC).
General anaesthetic cases are performed in Southern Cross or St George’s Hospital.
For patients in South Canterbury, I conduct a private clinic in Timaru once a month. I also have a Public appointment at Christchurch Public Hospital, Burwood Hospital and Timaru Hospital.
I have recently furthered my skills with Fellowships and Observerships in plastics at Leuven Plastics Unit in Belgium, Ganga Hospital in India, Melanoma Institute of Australia (Sydney) and St Vincent's Hospital in Melbourne, focusing on breast reconstruction, melanoma and non melanoma skin cancer and trauma and microsurgical reconstruction.
I have a diverse interest in all facets of plastic and reconstruction surgery and my specialisations include :
- Skin cancers : melanomas and non-melanomatous skin cancer / sentinel Lymph node biopsies and lymph node dissections (inc Head and Neck)
- Hand Surgery : carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's Disease, tenosynovitis, de Quervain's, ganglia, mucous cysts, peripheral nerve disorders repair and reconstruction, ACC work)
- Breast : reductions, mastopexy, reconstruction both delayed and immediate
- Congenital conditions such as prominent ears and hand abnormalities
- Reconstructive surgery - head and neck, burns, scars, ACC related injuries and currently I am "Red Listed" for performing complex reconstructive surgery.
- Cosmetic surgery - abdominoplasty, upper and lower eyelid lift, face, breast, male and female breast and labioplasty
Title or Designation
My professional memberships are :
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- New Zealand Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Full NZ Registration Date
18 October 2001
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Mr Dylan James is available at the following services:
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location: