Mr Etienne Truter
MB ChB 1975 Cape Town; FCS (SA) 1985; FRACS 1987; FRCS Edin 1988
My practice is that of a true general surgeon with a particular interest and expertise in oncoplastic breast cancer surgery in both private and public hospital practice based in Rotorua and Taupō.
- All aspects of General Surgery including Bowel, Gallbladder, Breast, Thyroid, Hernia, Skin cancers, Melanoma, Trauma and Varicose Veins problems
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Full Oncoplastic Breast Cancer treatment, in the setting of a full multidisciplinary breast cancer team
- Accredited breast surgeon for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Screening programme
- Teaching of medical students, junior hospital staff and resident surgical trainees in basic and advanced surgical skills. I am the local trainee supervisor responsible for the teaching programme for surgical trainees on behalf of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Teaching of medical literature appraisal skills, data management and medical trial design and Evaluation to Surgical Trainees and Surgical Consultants in New Zealand and Australia on behalf of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. I also manage an independent consultancy related to these matters.
Title or Designation
Full NZ Registration Date
6 March 1987
Mr Etienne Truter is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following location: