Mr Glenn Farrant
MB ChB 1993 Otago; FRACS (GS) 2006
Mr Glenn Farrant is a specialist General Surgeon with subspecialty training in Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary and Oesophago-Gastric surgery.
Mr Farrant is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
He completed his specialist training in New Zealand before spending 4.5 years in the UK,mainly at St James University Hospital in Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary and Oesophago-Gastric surgery.
He took up his post with Taranaki District Health Board in 2009 with an interest in Oesophago-Gastric surgery, Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary surgery and Trauma.
I am happy to manage a range of upper gastrointestinal and general surgical conditions.
Extensive experience in Laparoscopic Surgery (e.g. Gallstone, Reflux, Hernia) in the context of a specialised practice and oesophageal and Gastric Surgery.
The operations that I perform most commonly are the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy with cholangiography
- Laparoscopic bile duct exploration
- Laparoscopic fundoplication
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
Title or Designation
- The Australian and New Zealand Gastric and Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA)
- The Australian and New Zealand Hepatic, Pancreatic and Biliary Association (ANZHPBA)
Full NZ Registration Date
13 December 1994
Mr Glenn Farrant is available at the following services:
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross Hospital - New Plymouth
(06) 759 4820
(06) 758 0295