Mr John Frye
MB ChB 1993 Auckland; FRACS 2002
John Frye is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon practising in Christchurch. John is also a Senior Clinical Lecturer in Surgery at the University of Otago, Christchurch.
John obtained his Fellowship in General Surgery after training at Christchurch and other NZ centres. John then undertook post fellowship subspeciality training in colon and rectal surgery at prestigious international institutions - the Royal London Hospital, Concord Hospital, Sydney and The Royal Melbourne Hospital.
John is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Fellow of the American Society of Colorectal Surgeons, and Fellow of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand. John has published and presented nationally and internationally on a number of different colorectal and surgical conditions.
John is a specialist and an enthusiast for the appropriate use of "keyhole" surgery. John routinely performs laparoscopic and transanal minimally invasive procedures which offers improved patient recovery. John is also trained to use the Da Vinci Robotic platform for robotic-assisted surgery.
- Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy
- Advanced endoscopic resection techniques
- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Diverticular Disease
- Inguinal / groin
- Abdominal - incisional and spigelian
- Gallbladder - cholecystectomy
Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery
- TAMIS (Transanal minimally invasive surgery)
- TART (Transanal resection of tumour)
- HAL (Haemorrhoidal artery ligation) with RAR (Rectoanal repair) and other techniques to reduce post haemorrhoidectomy pain
- Anal Fistula
- Pilonidal disease.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Incontinence, constipation and obstructed defaecation
- Rectal prolapse and intussusception.
Title or Designation
- Royal London Hospital, London, UK
- Concord Repariation Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
- The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
POSITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, Christchurch Public Hospital
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, Southern Cross Hospital
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, St George’s Hospital
- Senior Lecturer, University of Otago Medical School
- Member of the NZ Association of General Surgeons
- Member of the European Society of Coloproctology
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College Of Surgeons
- Board Member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons section of Colon and Rectal surgery
- Fellow of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
Full NZ Registration Date
23 December 1993
Mr John Frye is available at the following services:
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross Hospital - Christchurch
(03) 968 3100
(03) 968 3101