Mr Karl Kodeda
Läkarexamen 2000 Karolinska; Spec Gen Surg 2007 Sweden
For the first few years in surgery, I worked in a small hospital on an island in the Baltic Sea. For over a decade, I worked at a tertiary referral and academic centre. Before moving to New Zealand I was a high profile colorectal and oncological surgeon, with national responsibility for certain areas in advanced cancer surgery and active researcher.
I believe I can contribute in Taranaki to the whole colorectal spectrum (cancer, IBD, proctology and functional disorders). However, I’ve always been a general surgeon at heart and have taken pride in performing the common surgical procedures, both in public and private
- Surgery for hernias, preferably laparoscopic -inguinal, femoral, umbilical, incisional, parastomal etc.
- Gallbladder surgery, preferably laparoscopic
- Gastro- and colonoscopies including therapeutic procedures
- Rigid rectosigmoidoscopies and proctoscopies including interventions -banding, injection, botox etc.
- Treatment of proctological disorders, (diseases of the anus and rectum) including haemorrhoids
- Treatment of colorectal diseases
- Surgery for skin cancer and other skin lesion
- Minor surgery including vasectomy
- Abdominal procedures including oncological resections (cancer surgery)
Title or Designation
Mr Karl Kodeda is available at the following services:
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross Hospital - New Plymouth
(06) 759 4820
(06) 758 0295