Mr Marc Heinau
State Exam Med 2002 Humboldt; Spec (Urology) 2008 Mecklenburg-Vorpommern; FRACS (Urol) 2014
Marc was born in Germany and trained at Humboldt University of Berlin (Charité). Following his specialist training in Germany, Marc came to New Zealand in 2010 and worked as Locum Urologist in Christchurch from 2011 to 2014.
Marc gained his Fellowship with the Australasian College of Surgeons in 2014, and moved to Wellington in early 2015 with his wife Johanna and 3 children. He enjoys mountain biking, fishing and the Wellington cultural life.
Besides general Urology, Marc’s interest is in treating urinary stone disease, male lower urinary tract symptoms and urological cancers. Marc also developed a keen interest in the management of bladder dysfunction following spinal cord injury.
- Urinary stone disease including metabolic evaluation, endoscopic/open stone surgery and stone prophylaxis
- Male lower urinary tract symptoms (mLUTS) including medical and surgical treatment of prostatic enlargement/bladder outlet obstruction
- Prostate cancer diagnosis and management
- Urothelial cancer of the bladder and upper urinary tract
- Functional Urology (Neuro - Urology) including overactive bladder, bladder management following spinal cord injury, and urinary incontinence
Title or Designation
Following his specialist training in Germany, Marc came to New Zealand in 2010 and worked as Locum Urologist in Christchurch from 2011 to 2014.
Marc gained his Fellowship with the Australasian College of Surgeons in 2014
Full NZ Registration Date
15 August 2016
Mr Marc Heinau is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross Wellington Hospital
04 910 2160