Mr Michael Mackey
MB ChB 1987 Otago; FRACS 1997
Michael completed his MBChB in 1987, before going on to practice and complete his further studies. He now has more than 20 years surgical experience, including six years in public hospitals in New Zealand and in the UK and fourteen years in private practice. In 1998 Michael set up his own consultancy, North Shore Urology.
Michael Mackey Is Auckland’s busiest private urologic surgeon. In 2007 Michael helped to instigate the purchase of New Zealand’s first da Vinci Robot at Mercy Ascot Hospital in Auckland. Since then Michael has performed over 200 procedures using this technology.
As well as being passionate about his profession and his patients, Michael also has a range of other interests that keep him occupied! He is married and has three young energetic sons.
He still manages to make some time for his sporting activities which include golf, running and mountain biking.
Michael has over 20 years surgical experience, particularly in:
- Prostate brachytherapy implants
- Radical prostatectomy (retropubic, perineal and robotic)
- Holmium laser resection of the prostate (> than 1,000 cases)
- Kidney & ureteric stones
- Vasectomy and vasectomy reversal
- Prostate Cancer
- Laser and Robotic Surgery
Title or Designation
Mr Mackey is an affiliate of the following Professional Memberships:
- Member RACS
- Member NZ Medical Association
- NZMC Registration: 15284
- Member Urological Society of Australasia
- Member Societe Internate D’Urologie
- Current CME Certification
- Current Member of Medical Protection Society
- Member Clinical Advisory Board, MercyAscot Hospital, Ascot Site
Full NZ Registration Date
5 May 1989
Mr Michael Mackey is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross North Harbour Hospital
Phone: (09) 925 4400
Fax: (09) 925 4434
Location details here
Surgeons can be contacted directly at their private consultation rooms.
This service is available at the following locations:
Ascot Central, 7 Ellerslie Racecourse Drive, Remuera, Auckland
(09) 444 4301
(09) 444 4325