I am a Urological Surgeon with subspecialty interest and expertise in minimally invasive (laparoscopic or keyhole) surgical techniques for treating urological conditions.
I completed my surgical training under Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) in New Zealand and then undertook fellowship training in Australia with Dr Mark Louie-Johnsun, one of the Australasian experts in laparoscopic surgery and specifically laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.
I grew up in Siberia and graduated from Novosibirsk Medical School in Russia. I also completed my internship years there. After that I spent 2 years doing medical research on polycystic kidney disease in Heidelberg University in Germany.
Attracted by the wonderful lifestyle of this country I moved to New Zealand in 2005 and was admitted to the surgical training program in 2006. I underwent general surgery and urology training in Wellington, Auckland and Hamilton.
Having completed fellowship in advanced laparoscopic urology in Australia I also travelled to India where I learned modern techniques of reconstructive urological procedures (such as urethroplasty for treating urethral strictures) with Dr Sanjay Kulkarni, one of the most renowned experts in the world.
- Minimally Invasive Urological Surgery
- Reconstructive Urology
MD 1996 Novosibirsk; FRACS (Urol) 2014
Title or Designation
Positions & Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Urological Society of Australasia
- Member of Société Internationale d'Urologie
- Member of Uropean Association of Urologists
- Consultant Urologist, Dunedin Public Hospital
- Visiting Consultant Mercy Hospital Dunedin
- Visiting Consultant Timaru Hospital
Full NZ Registration Date
26 June 2006
Mr Serge Luke is available at the following services: