Mr Timothy Eglinton
MB ChB 1996 Otago; FRACS 2005
Tim Eglinton is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon and Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Otago, Christchurch.
After obtaining FRACS in General Surgery in 2005, he undertook post fellowship training in colon and rectal surgery in Cambridge, United Kingdom and Adelaide, Australia. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand.
Tim is dedicated to improving the lives of those with colorectal conditions, and was awarded a Masters of Medical Science with Distinction for research into inflammatory bowel disease. He has published widely on colorectal and other surgical conditions and been the recipient of a number of prestigious international awards and scholarships.
He has a special interest and extensive experience in minimally invasive ("keyhole") surgery, routinely performing laparoscopic and transanal minimally invasive procedures that are associated with less surgical trauma and faster recovery.
- Colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy
- Colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Diverticular disease
- Incontinence, constipation and obstructed defaecation
- Anorectal pathology (including fissures, fistulas, haemorrhoids and pilonidal sinus disease)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Hernia repair
Title or Designation
- 2006 Cambridge University Hospital, UK
- 2007 The Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia.
- 2008 Laparoscopic Fellow; The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide
Full NZ Registration Date
9 December 1997
Mr Timothy Eglinton is available at the following services:
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location: