8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
OneSixOne is a large Urology and Gynaecology specialist practice offering:
- Comprehensive care
- 7 Urologists, 5 Gynaecologists, Dietitian, Physio
- Full-time specialist nursing support including Urology/UroGynae Nurse Specialist
- Mens Health Clinic including erectile dysfunction
- Bladder instillation treatment including BCG (for Bladder Cancer)
- Multiple languages supported
- Access to short notice appointments - 30 clinics each week to fit urgent patients in if required
- Day Stay facility onsite for quick and convenient access to minor procedures
- Consult clinics available across Auckland - North (including Warkworth), South (including Pukekohe), East and West
- Renal Colic & Haematuria short notice appointments available, coordinated with Mercy Radiology for required tests within 24 hours
- A multi-disciplinary and holistic approach to care:
- Consultant collaboration possible due to wide range and large number of specialists in one place
- Unique ability for consultants to subspecilise - patients can be transferred to in-house experts
- Coordination and collaboration with other organisations providing related services and support - enabling streamlined wrap-around care for patients, particularly pre and post surgery
- Private multi-disciplinary team meetings
- The recently renovated facility at 161 Gillies Ave, Epsom, has five consulting rooms, two minor procedure rooms, and a day-stay theatre
** We are accredited to NZS 8164:2005 Day-Stay Surgery and Procedure standards **
Areas of specialty at OneSixOne include:
- Urologic Oncology (including prostate, kidney, bladder, testicular cancer)
- Female Urology (urinary incontinence, pelvic outlet relaxation disorders)
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery
- Kidney stones (urinary tract stones)
- Mens urinary symptoms (BPH) including: comprehensive assessment and REZUM, TURP, Laser
- Neurourology (voiding disorders, urodynamic evaluation of patients and erectile dysfunction or impotence)
- Circumcisions, Vasectomies (and reversal)
- Incontinence Issues
- Female surgical mesh complications
- Prostate cancer symptoms
- Urinary tract infections
- Renal transplantation
- Male infertility
Some procedures performed at the OneSixOne day-stay facility include:
- Transperineal Biopsy
- Flexible Cystoscopy
- Trus Biopsy
- BCG Treatment for Bladder Cancer
At OneSixOne, we have dedicated specialists focused on providing high quality and best practice patient focused care. Also available at the practice are Pelvic Physiotherapists - Jill Wood and Vicki Holmes; and Dietitian - Adeline Wong.
Please click here to read more.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Please contact the practice during business hours, Monday to Friday, to arrange appointments.
GP or specialist referral is preferred, however we do also welcome direct enquiries.
Please bring any documentation you may have, for instance:
- a referral letter from your GP
- any scans, x-rays, or blood results
- a list of your current medications and dosages.
N.B. If you are self referred then clearly you won't have a GP's letter, however any information you are able to provide that will assist in a diagnosis will be most helpful.
If this is your first consultation you won't be required to fast, although if you have been asked to have a flow-test on arrival, then arriving with a full bladder is most helpful.
Please click here to access other forms and instructions.
Procedures / Treatments
Urinalysis is a test that examines the content of urine for abnormal substances such as protein or signs of infection.… More
Urodynamic tests measure the storage of urine in the bladder and the flow of urine from the bladder through the urethra.… More
This term means protein in the urine and may indicate that there is a problem with your kidneys. More
This term means blood in the urine and may be the result of inflammation or other problems with your kidneys, blockages in your ureter, infection or other problems with your bladder or problems with your prostate. More
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
A UTI is caused by an infection in the urinary tract.… More
Urinary incontinence or loss of bladder control is the involuntary passage of urine (passing urine without meaning to).… More
Urinary retention, or abnormal holding of urine in the bladder, is a common urological problem.… More
What causes bladder cancer is not always clear, but the risk of developing bladder cancer can be increased by smoking, getting older, long term bladder problems and unsafe exposure to aniline dyes which are used in some industries.… More
This term refers to stones in the urinary system. They form in the kidneys but can be found anywhere in the urinary system.… More
Kidney (Renal) Failure
Kidney failure occurs when the kidneys cannot remove waste products from the blood or control the amount of water in your body.… More
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
This is an enlargement of the prostate gland. In BPH there may be difficulties in passing urine as the enlarged prostate can cause a blockage.… More
This is the term used to describe inflammation of the prostate gland.… More
Prostate cancer typically consists of many very small, tumours within the prostate.… More
A vasectomy is a minor surgical procedure carried out to make a man sterile (he is no longer able to father a child).… More
A long, thin tube with a tiny camera attached (cystoscope) is inserted into the urinary opening and through the urethra (the tube that carries urine from your bladder to the outside of your body) to your bladder.… More
Bladder Sling Procedures
Sling procedures are common surgical operations to stop stress incontinence.… More
Uterine or Bladder Prolapse
If the uterus (womb) or bladder slips out of position, this is referred to as a prolapse.… More
Prostate cancer can be treated with localised radiotherapy by implanting small radioactive seeds into the prostate gland.… More
Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
A long, thin tube with a tiny camera attached (resectoscope) is inserted into the urinary opening of the penis and through the urethra (the tube that carries urine from your bladder to the outside of your body) to your bladder.… More
This test is a needle biopsy to look for cancer cells in the prostate.… More
OneSixOne Medical Group Ltd is a Southern Cross Affiliated provider for the following procedures at our day-stay facility
- Transperineal prostate biopsy
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour
- BCG Treatment for Bladder Cancer (Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Immunotherapy)
Our consultants also have Affiliated Provider contracts with Southern Cross for a wide range of services
Tea, coffee are provided on request, and filtered water is provided for patients in the waiting room.
The Auckland Transport website is a good resource to plan your public transport options.
Free parking is provided at the front of the practice.
(09) 623 0161
(09) 623 4161
161 Gillies Avenue
161 Gillies Avenue
PO Box 26 498
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:13AM on June 10, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by OneSixOne.