Counties Manukau Health Acute Allied Health Team
Hand Therapists are registered Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists who are specialised in assessing and treating injury and non-injury related conditions of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow. This outpatient clinic is located in Module 5 at Manukau SuperClinic™ .
New Zealand residents (adults and children) who live within the Counties Manukau region with any of the following conditions:
- Trauma of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow.
- Non traumatic conditions of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow (e.g. osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s, Dupuytren’s contracture, trigger finger, etc.).
- Rheumatology patients following surgical procedures to the hand, wrist, elbow or upon referral from Rheumatology OT.
- Brachial plexus injuries.
- Congenital hand deformities.
- Gross movement / pain anomalies of neurological cause such as CVA, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy etc. (except where those patients have undergone a corrective surgical procedure at Counties Manukau Health).
- Anomalies of neurological cause who have received Botox injections.
- Shoulder injuries / conditions.
- Rheumatology patients (except those who have undergone surgical procedures at CMH).
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and De Quervain’s associated with pregnancy (these patients will be seen by the women’s health physiotherapist).
- Non New Zealand residents.
Contact details for Hand Therapy
External Phone: (09) 250 8053
External Fax: (09) 250 8054