Counties Manukau Health Physiotherapy Services
Public Service Other
General Musculoskeletal Outpatients
This is a general physiotherapy outpatient service for adults (over 15 years of age) with any disorder affecting the bones and muscles of the body. This may occur after surgery, injury or illness, arthritic conditions, broken bones and pain conditions. Physiotherapy aims to help you regain and maintain usual function.
- New Zealand residents (adults) with musculoskeletal conditions resulting in impairment of function.
- Live within the Counties Manukau area.
- Patients not eligible for healthcare funding under Ministry of Health directives will be advised their treatment is chargeable.
- Understand the reason for the referral
- Have given consent for the referral
- Be able to travel to Middlemore Hospital.
- Patients who do not have any functional impairment due to their musculoskeletal condition.
- Patients referred by GPs covered by ACC. Refer to private provider.
- Patients with musculoskeletal conditions who are unable to travel to Middlemore Hospital, or their particular problem requires assessment within their own environment.
- Patients with gross movement / pain anomalies of neurological cause such as CVA, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries.
- Patients with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). Refer AT&R Physiotherapy Outpatients.
- Adults >65 years where high risk of falls and balance impairment is the main problem. Refer AT&R Physiotherapy Outpatients.
- Patients with hand / forearm conditions. Refer to Hand Therapy at Manukau SuperClinic.
- Patients with Lymphedema. Refer to Lymphedema Physiotherapist at Home Health Care.
- Patients who are re-referred for the same condition within 12 months.
- Patients who are receiving Physiotherapy treatment with a private provider.