Counties Manukau Health Physiotherapy Services
Public Service Other
Hand Therapists are registered Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists who are specialised in assessing and treating injury and non-injury related conditions of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow.
This outpatient clinic is located in Module 5 at Manukau SuperClinic™ and is for all types of hand conditions e.g. orthopaedic, burns, post-surgical.
New Zealand residents (adults and children) who live within the Counties Manukau region with any of the following conditions:
- Trauma of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow.
- Non-traumatic conditions of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow (e.g. osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s, Dupuytren’s contracture, trigger finger, etc).
- Rheumatology patients following surgical procedures to the hand, wrist, elbow or upon referral from Rheumatology OT.
- Brachial plexus injuries.
- Congenital hand deformities.
- Gross movement/pain anomalies of neurological cause such as CVA, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy etc (except where those patients have undergone a corrective surgical procedure at Counties Manukau Health).
- Anomalies of neurological cause in those who have received Botox injections.
- Shoulder injuries/conditions (these patients will be seen by MSOP physiotherapy).
- Rheumatology patients (except those who have undergone surgical procedures).
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and De Quervain’s associated with pregnancy (these patients will be seen by the women’s health physiotherapist).
- Non-New Zealand residents.
Contact details for Hand Therapy
External Phone: (09) 250 8053
External Fax: (09) 250 8054