North Auckland, West Auckland > Public Hospital Services > Waitematā District Health Board (WDHB) >

Waitematā DHB Allied Health

Public Service, Allied Health, Community Health

Intensive Care & High Dependency Units

At times of serious illness that require admission to the ICU/HDU, both Social Work and Physiotherapy are available to provide support and input to maximise your or a family member's return to health. This can be a traumatic experience for all involved and a social worker can support through this process. Physiotherapists will assist in managing difficulties with your breathing and keeping your body moving as much as possible.

If you remain in either unit for an extended period of time, then you may require input from an Occupational Therapist or a Speech Language Therapist. This input can be organised on a case-by-case basis.

This page was last updated at 3:10PM on May 5, 2021.