Waitemata DHB Physiotherapy - Community
The goal of Community Physiotherapy is to work with patients and their family / whanau to help individuals reach their potential and to live as independently as possible, through assessment and intervention specific to the home and community environment.
About the Service
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the community physiotherapist can see individuals in a community clinic or in the home, depending on where their needs can best be assessed.
- Community Physiotherapy can provide:
- An assessment of an individual's current health condition and how they are coping at home.
- A personal rehabilitation programme.
- Advice and education for patients and carers.
- Assessment for, and possible provision of, walking aides or other equipment which
enables people to remain independent.
- Chest physiotherapy, including advice and education.
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm, except on public holidays
- People with reduced mobility due to a temporary or permanent illness or disability.
- Adults over the age of 16 years.
- Children under the age of 16 years with personal health issues and respiratory conditions.
- Self or, with the patient's permission, family / whanau.
- GPs or other health professionals.
Referrals are not accepted for the following:
- People with behavioural disabilities, except for those with acute respiratory conditions (others are seen by Spectrum Care).
- Children under the age of 16 years (except for acute respiratory conditions).
- Residents living in residential homes / care facilities who require ongoing treatment.
- Assessment of complex wheelchair and level two seating (should go direct to Mobility Solutions).
- Children with a disability who are over 16 and still attend school (seen by Child Development Service).
Please telephone the Referral Screener for all requests, information and advice:
Phone: (09) 486 8945 ext 43222 (8.00am - 4.30pm; Monday to Friday)
Fax: (09) 486 8997 (for referrals)
Would you recommend this service to family and friends?
This page was last updated at 10:02AM on November 9, 2017. This information is reviewed and edited by Waitemata DHB Physiotherapy - Community.