BreastScreen Counties Manukau
Information for Maori Women
"Ko to oranga, te oranga mo to whanau" Your wellbeing is wellbeing for you family.
At BreastScreen Counties Manukau we aim to make the process as easy, comfortable and convenient as possible.
You can choose when and where you have your mammogram our aim is to make the process as easy, comfortable and convenient as possible. We have Maaori staff who can support you during the process:
- Appointments only 20 - 30 minutes
- You can bring a support person
- Saturday and late night appointments available
- We can arrange transport if you need it
- We have the latest in digital mammography equipment
- You can change your appointment.
Regular mammograms can save lives by detecting cancer early, before they can be felt or seen.
Mammograms are free for women aged 45-69 through BreastScreen Aotearoa.
It is important to continue having mammograms every two years once on the programme.
Most women who have two-yearly mammograms will be informed they have no evidence of breast cancer.
"Whangaihia te Ukaipo" Look after that which gives sustenance and life