Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB)
Wellington Hospital is the largest facility operated by Capital & Coast District Health Board (DHB) and is one of five major tertiary hospitals in New Zealand.
It provides a comprehensive range of specialist secondary services and regional tertiary services. These tertiary services include cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, vascular surgery, renal medicine and transplants, genetics, oncology, paediatric surgery, neonatal intensive care, obstetrics, trauma, endocrinology, intensive care, urology, rehabilitation and specialised forensic services.
As a major teaching hospital, Wellington provides an educational environment for medical students of Otago University’s Wellington School of Medicine and postgraduate training for clinical professionals.
Wellington Hospital is also the region’s main emergency and only trauma service, with a rooftop helipad providing a link to surgical, intensive care, neonatal intensive care and emergency services.
Inpatient adult mental health services and a day hospital are provided at Te Whare O Matairangi on the Wellington campus.
All Capital & Coast District Health Board facilities are smoke free.
"Together, improve the Health of the District."
Innovation, Action, People/Patient Focus, Living the Treaty, Professionalism & Leadership and Excellence.
Capital & Coast DHB Website
Click on a service below for all contact details
- Allied Health More Info
- Anaesthesia Service More Info
- Anticoagulation Service More Info
- Audiology Service More Info
- Breast Service More Info
- Cancer Support: Psychology & Social Work More Info
- Cardiology Service More Info
- Cardiothoracic Service More Info
- Care Coordination Centre More Info
- Community Health Service (District Nurses) More Info
- Dental Service More Info
- Dermatology Service More Info
- Diabetes Service More Info
- Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Services More Info
- Early Intervention Service More Info
- Emergency Department More Info
- Endocrine, Diabetes & Research Centre More Info
- Endocrine Service More Info
- Gastroenterology & GI Endoscopy Services More Info
- General Surgery Service More Info
- Gynaecology Service More Info
- Infection Control Community More Info
- Infectious Diseases Department More Info
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) More Info
- Kenepuru Accident & Medical Clinic More Info
- Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Directorate More Info
- Metabolic and Bariatric Service (CRMBS) More Info
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) More Info
- Neurology Service More Info
- Neurosurgery Service More Info
- Obstetrics & Maternity Services More Info
- Older Adult Service More Info
- Ophthalmology Service More Info
- ORA - Older Adult, Rehabilitation and Allied Health Services More Info
- Orthopaedic Service More Info
- Pain Service - Regional Service More Info
- Palliative Care Service More Info
- Pharmacy More Info
- Preparing for Your Surgery More Info
- Primary Care More Info
- Radiology More Info
- Rehabilitation Service More Info
- Renal Service More Info
- Respiratory Service More Info
- Stroke Service More Info
- Termination of Pregnancy & Counselling Service - Women's Health Service Te Mahoe More Info
- Urology Service More Info
- Vascular Surgery Service More Info
- Wellington Blood and Cancer Centre More Info
- Wellington Children's Hospital More Info
- Wellington Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) - Capital Support More Info
- Whanau Care Services More Info
(04) 385 5999
(04) 385 5402 - Outpatients Booking Centre
Private Bag 7902
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:55PM on August 24, 2016.