Auckland DHB Home Based Support Services
Public Service, Community
The supported discharge service is a short term, home based support service for patients who are new to home based support. This includes help such as personal care and domestic assistance for patients while they recover at home.
Long term support needs are determined once patients have recovered from an illness. The service ensures rapid access to home care support and more accurate assessment in the community so the patient's needs are met in the right place, at the right time.
- Short term assistance with showering, basic housework and other tasks identified by your assessor
- equipment to improve your safety
- assessment for Meals on Wheels
- referral to long term if required.
What to expect?
- To best understand your needs, an assessor will visit you at home and complete an assessment. This may be done on a computer.
- your Assessor will let you know what assistance can be provided.
- the Carers allocated to you are employed by Auckland District Health Board. They are closely supervised by a Home Service Assessor.
- your needs will be reviewed, and changes made if necessary.