Counties Manukau Health Community Health Service
Public Service, Community, Community Health
The service will provide a 'one stop shop' approach to continence issues. Any member of our community over the age of 4 years can be referred to the service. Referrals are received from General Practitioners, Specialist Services or Practice Nurses as we require specific information in order to make the best possible decision around the pathway for your care.
Our goal is for you to return or maintain the greatest level of independence. This includes exploring any options for reversing the condition, be that through exercise, medication or surgery. The clinicians will work directly with you and your whaanau.
To gain the most from our service, we ask you to be willing to participate in activities such as completing a bladder diary and participating in exercises such as bladder retraining.
Assessments are carried out in clinics and/or your home.
Should you wish to be seen privately there are a number of Specialists in the wider Auckland area. We suggest you conduct a search on HealthPoint for 'Urogynaecologists' and discuss this with your GP as a referral may be required. A number of Urogynaecology practices also have Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy available.
- Stress Incontinence (PDF, 358.5 KB)
- Overactive Bladder (PDF, 370.4 KB)
- Bladder Diary (PDF, 210.3 KB)
- Pelvic Floor Exercises (PDF, 305.4 KB)
- Constipation (PDF, 345.4 KB)
- Urinary Tract Infection (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Toilet Training for Children with Special Needs (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Toilet Training for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Urodynamics Testing (PDF, 288.7 KB)