Oamaru Hospital Services
Medical Social Workers
Social Work Services are available to assist people with health problems to access support services and look at options for themselves and their family.
- assistance to inpatients and their family/whanau in planning for discharge from hospital and follow up in the community
- information and access to appropriate support services
- information on rest homes and long stay hospital placement and arrangement of the required assessment
- assistance with grief, loss and other health-related issues
- information on travel and accommodation assistance
- unplanned pregnancy counselling.