Oamaru Hospital Services
Public Health (SDHB regional service)
- assessment, advice, education, health promotion and support for Child & Family Health through schools and groups in the community. Covering drugs, alcohol, sexuality and behavioural problems, as well as liaison between appropriate services
- health protection and follow up of notifiable diseases
- vision and hearing testing in the schools with clinics and also at the hospital
- support person in cases of child abuse and family abuse
- they also work within the TOPS programme, provide support for the unemployed and community groups
- Self referral clinics.