Southern DHB Public Health Nursing / Te Punaka Oraka (Well Child Service)
Nga Kaitiaki Hauora a Iwi
The Otago Public Health Nursing Service provides free, confidential Well Child/tamariki and youth/rangatahi health assessments for youth aged between 0-18 years who are eligible for and/or attending early childhood centres and schools.
- to schools and early childhood centres on health issues
- to parents/caregivers of young people
- to young people at self-referral clinics in schools
We also provide:
- individual child /youth health education, protection and prevention
- communicable diseases and immunisation
- B4 School checks
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination (HPV)
- rural community youth health clinics
- student health assessments, under the School Based Service Contract (SBSC)
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:30 PM|
B4 School Check Programme
The B4 School Check is the 12th Well Child /Tamariki Ora health check and is free for all 4 year olds.… More
Human Papillomavirus Vaccinations (HPV)
An immunisation (vaccine) is available to girls and young women in New Zealand to help protect them from cervical cancer and is free of charge.… More
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:45PM on June 4, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Southern DHB Public Health Nursing / Te Punaka Oraka (Well Child Service).