Capital & Coast DHB Thrombosis Service
The Thrombosis Service, is a nurse led provider overseen by Wellington Hospital's haematology consultants. The service cares for a small number of outpatients needing warfarin management, focusing on those with more complex needs such as recurrent VTE, malignancy and thrombophilia. We also provide:
- education to staff and patients
- anticoagulant bridging plans
- VTE clinic
- general advice.
9:00am to 5:00pm on weekdays.
The Thrombosis Service is closed on weekends and public holidays.
To access information on eligibility criteria for funded healthcare, click here
- Warfarin Chart (PDF, 913.4 KB)
- Starting on Warfarin (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Warfarin Information - English (PDF, 215.3 KB)
- Warfarin Information - Samoan (PDF, 299.5 KB)
- Warfarin Information - Tongan (PDF, 309.8 KB)
- Warfarin Information - Nuiean (PDF, 302.3 KB)
- Warfarin Information - Korean (PDF, 400.4 KB)
- Warfarin Information - Chinese (PDF, 403.8 KB)
To access Wellington Hospital visiting hours, click here
To access Wellington Hospital Cafe and refreshment facilities, click here
To access map and travel directions for Wellington Hospital, click here
To access public transport information, click here
To access Wellington Hospital parking information, click here
To access accommodation options close to Wellington Hospital, click here
For pharmacy information, click here
For Wellington Hospital security information, click here
(04) 806 2068
(04) 385 5932
027 801 6368
Private Bag 7902
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:37AM on November 1, 2016. This information is reviewed and edited by Capital & Coast DHB Thrombosis Service.