North Shore Hospital Maternity Services (Waitematā DHB)
Public Service, Maternity, Maternity/Birthing Facilities, Obstetric and Gynaecology
Breastfeeding your Baby
Waitematā DHB provides a range of resources to assist mothers to initiate and maintain breastfeeding for their babies.
Lactation consultants are also available on referral - please discuss with your lead maternity carer (LMC).
Pregnancy and parenting education and breastfeeding classes are available.
- Breastfeeding beginners guide (PDF, 520.4 KB)
- Breastfeeding beginners guide (Chinese) (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Breastfeeding beginners guide (Thai) (PDF, 684.5 KB)
- Breastfeeding information for Grandparents (Chinese) (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Breastfeeding complications (PDF, 528.7 KB)
- Breastfeeding complications (Chinese) (PDF, 348.7 KB)
- Expressing and storing colostrum in pregnancy (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- How to use a nipple shield (PDF, 113.1 KB)
- Sharing breastmilk (PDF, 524 KB)