SMILE Pregnancy Care Actions
Public Service, Maternity, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Pregnant? Now is a great time to keep your baby healthy.
Following the five SMILE actions is the best way to keep you and your baby healthy during pregnancy.
It’s a simple way to remember what’s most important during this exciting time.
Your midwife or specialist doctor is the best person to talk to about your individual care.
The SMILE campaign was developed by the Waitemata and Auckland DHBs with input from pregnant women, midwives, obstetricians and GPs.
Downloads of posters and leaflets are available at the bottom of this page, including translated resources.
If you would like to order hardcopy resources, please email
For electronic versions of the antenatal immunisation reminder cards, please see the Immunise page of this SMILE site
Smoke And Alcohol Free
Cigarettes and alcohol are toxins that affect your baby’s healthy growth and development.… More
Mental Wellbeing Matters
Caring for your mental wellbeing is an important part of adjusting to your pregnancy and will help you when you become a mum.… More
Immunisation in every pregnancy protects you and your baby from whooping cough (pertussis) and flu (influenza).… More
Lie on your side
Lie on your side when resting, napping or sleeping, especially from 28 weeks of pregnancy, to make sure your baby is getting plenty of oxygen.… More
Having healthy foods and drinks is important for your health and the health of your baby.… More
General pregnancy and parenting advice
Pregnancy and parenting information for Māori whānau and Pacific communities… More
- SMILE poster - English (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- SMILE flyer - English (PDF, 3 MB)
- SMILE poster - Te Reo (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- SMILE flyer - Te reo (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- SMILE poster - Samoan (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SMILE flyer - Samoan (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- SMILE poster - Tongan (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- SMILE flyer - Tongan (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- SMILE poster - Cook Island Maori (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- SMILE flyer - Cook Island Maori (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SMILE poster - Niuean (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SMILE flyer - Niuean (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SMILE poster - Tokelauan (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SMILE flyer - Tokelauan (PDF, 1.4 MB)
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:08PM on May 9, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by SMILE Pregnancy Care Actions.