Counties Manukau Health Whakatupu Ora (Infant Mental Health)
If you have any concerns about infant and toddler mental health the following agencies are able to help. They will support you with any emotional or behavioural concerns you might have, and will refer to Whakatupu Ora if needed.
- Plunket services are available for free from birth to 5 years.
- Ohomairangi Trust Early Intervention Service provide early interventions, based on the Kaupapa Maori framework, for children between 0 - 6 years with behavioural or developmental concerns.
- Iosis offer a range of counselling and family support services.
- Anglican Trust for Women and Children (ATWC) offers parenting programmes, counselling and many other services in the community.
- Family Start Manukau and Family Start Papakura offer parenting programmes and other services for women in the second trimester of pregnancy and families with infants under 12 months old.
- Papakura Marae Early Years Service Hub provides information, practical support and advocacy for families with children under 6 years of age.
- Triple P Centre provide psychology services including individual therapy and the Triple P-Positive Parenting programme to individuals, families and groups.
- Procare Psychological Services (Fresh Minds) provide psychological assessment and treatment of a wide range of mental health issues.