Waitematā DHB Tupu - Pacific Alcohol & Other Drug & Gambling Service
Public Service, Mental Health, Pasifika
TUPU is an Auckland based Pacific Island Alcohol and Drug (AOD) & Gambling Team. We provide services for Pacific clients across Auckland. The name 'Tupu' is a common term in the South Pacific that describes 'growth'. The importance and acknowledgement of cultural paradigms accommodates:
- familiarity of cultural practices
- enhancement of cultural connectedness
- the issue of access and engagement.
TUPU AOD and Gambling clinicians:
- provide free range of appropriate interventions and treatments which are clinically and culturally relevant and designed to meet the needs of the clients.
- work with Pacific clients and their families and fanau to encourage positive outcomes from their journeys to heal and grow, hence the name of "Tupu".
Our offices are based in Henderson (North & West Auckland), Kingsland (Central Auckland) and Ōtāhuhu (South).
Team Manager: Dwaine Faletanoai
Clinical Director: Dr Francis Agnew
Clinical Supervisors: Ane Enosi and Malo Silailai
Gambling Coordinator: Meressa Pupualii
Clinical Team Support: Asena Lameko
How do I access this service?
Call our duty line 09 845 1810 (8.30am to 4.30pm)
Or email TupuService@waitematadhb.govt.nz
You can be referred by anyone or self referrals through our contact details above
Walk in clinic available 10am - 1pm Monday to Friday at Tupu Central 409 New North Road, Kingsland
Tupu accepts referrals for people with AOD and/or gambling issues where the following criteria have been met:
- the consumer identifies himself or herself as a Pacific person
- the consumer lives within the Auckland region
- referrals from Community Mental Health Centres (CMHCs) identify the consumer's key worker.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Tupu Central (CADS Central) location parking is available:
- Bond Street entrance carpark
- Bond Street
- New North Road
409 New North Road
409 New North Road
C/O Waitematā District Health Board
Private Bag 93-503
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:44PM on February 14, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Waitematā DHB Tupu - Pacific Alcohol & Other Drug & Gambling Service.