New Zealand Maternal Fetal Medicine Network (NZMFMN)
NZMFMN Recommendation of Practice
- Cleft Lip/Palate (PDF, 269.6 KB)
- Congenital Diaphramagtic Hernia (PDF, 292.8 KB)
- Cytomegalovirus in Pregnancy (PDF, 317.6 KB)
- Fetal Arrythmia (PDF, 531.2 KB)
- Fetal Echogenic Bowel (PDF, 287.4 KB)
- Fetal Heart Assessment Brochure Landscape (PDF, 4.7 MB)
- Fetal Ventriculomegaly (PDF, 388 KB)
- Investigation and Management of Fetal/Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia (FNAIT) (PDF, 907.3 KB)
- Gastroschisis (PDF, 277.4 KB)
- Hepatitis B in Pregnancy (PDF, 526.8 KB)
- Isolated Choroid Plexus Cyst (PDF, 387 KB)
- Lethal Skeletal Dysplasia (PDF, 281.7 KB)
- Multiple Pregnancy (PDF, 317.7 KB)
- Nonimmune Hydrops Fetalis (PDF, 389.2 KB)
- Nuchal Translucency (PDF, 559.1 KB)
- NZMFM SGA (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- NZMFMN Obstetric Doppler (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- Pre-pregnancy Counselling for Fertility Patients by Maternal Fetal Medicine (PDF, 408.4 KB)
- Shortened Humerus or Femur (PDF, 387.5 KB)
- Toxoplasmosis (PDF, 411.7 KB)
- Umbilical Vein Varix (PDF, 283.3 KB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
Units and Services at NZMFMN
There are three MFM units in the NZMFMN. The units are based in:
Each unit has Obstetrician and Gynaecologists with an expertise in MFM and in Auckland and Wellington Sub-specialists in MFM. In general the area served is fixed, although with a network there is the flexibility to provide cover between units when leave is taken.
All three units provide MFM assessment and standard management. Some procedures are performed in one or two centres and where appropriate women will be referred on from one MFM unit to another by the MFM staff.
The staff of the NZMFMN are involved with teaching and research. In new Zealand a fetal medicine update day is run twice a year. Further details on the study days will be available here when finalised.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:18AM on February 20, 2018.