New Zealand Maternal Fetal Medicine Network (NZMFMN)
NZMFMN Information Leaflets
Our leaflets are designed to print double sided, short edge to short edge or flip on the long edge. Depending on your printer.
- Accutane (PDF, 406.3 KB)
- Anencephaly (PDF, 401 KB)
- Dandy Walker Syndrome (PDF, 394.7 KB)
- Diaphragmatic Hernia (PDF, 420.8 KB)
- Exit Procedure (PDF, 452.8 KB)
- Gastroschisis (PDF, 622 KB)
- Haemolytic Disease of the Fetus and Newborn (HDFN) (PDF, 395.3 KB)
- Haemolytic Disease of the Fetus and Newborn (HDFN) (Rhesus Disease) - complex version (PDF, 514.7 KB)
- HIV +ve Women MoH Information April08 (PDF, 459.2 KB)
- Hydronephrosis (PDF, 876.2 KB)
- Lung Masses (PDF, 481.1 KB)
- The Medications used for Ending a Pregnancy (PDF, 437 KB)
- Moving to Auckland to await your baby's birth (PDF, 525.7 KB)
- Omphalocele (PDF, 450.9 KB)
- Preterm Pre-Labour Rupture of Membranes (PPROM) (PDF, 401.8 KB)
- Spina Bifida (PDF, 458.6 KB)
- Talipes (Clubfoot) (PDF, 414.1 KB)
- Toxoplasmosis (PDF, 436.9 KB)
- Trisomy 13 (Patau Syndrome) (PDF, 421.3 KB)
- Trisomy 18 (Edward's Syndrome) (PDF, 477.4 KB)
- Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) (PDF, 438.5 KB)
- Turner Syndrome (PDF, 417.8 KB)
- Triploidy (PDF, 390.4 KB)
- Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (PDF, 538.4 KB)
- TWINS (Identical/Monozygotic) (PDF, 574.2 KB)
- TWINS (Non-Identical/Fraternal/Dizygotic) (PDF, 425.7 KB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
Hubs and Services of NZMFMN
Referrals to Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) services should be sent to your local MFM Hub -
The three NZ hubs are in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch hospital.
If you have any clinical questions or queries please also direct them to your local MFM Hub.
Each Hub has Obstetricians, Gynaecologists and Sub-specialists with an expertise in MFM. In general the area served is fixed, although with a network there is the flexibility to provide cover between units when leave is taken.
All three Hubs provide MFM assessment and standard management. Some procedures are performed in one or two centres and where appropriate women will be referred on from one MFM unit to another by the MFM staff.
For general non-urgent network queries (non referrals) contact:
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:30AM on June 21, 2022.