Capital & Coast DHB Women's Health Obstetrics & Maternity Service
Finding a Lead Maternity Carer (LMC)
All pregnant women are encouraged to register with a Lead Maternity Carer (LMC). An LMC is either a midwife or obstetrician who provides continuity of care for the woman throughout her pregnancy.
Locally, CCDHB has Find a Midwife www.findamidwife.org.nz a regionally focused resource that helps women find a midwife within the Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti region. It offers a phone line 0800 Find MW (0800 346 369), as well as more detailed information about the resources available in the region. The midwife list is downloadable so you can provide this directly to clients should you wish and it is updated on a regular basis.
Nationally, the New Zealand College of Midwives has Find Your Midwife www.findyourmidwife.co.nz which shows midwife availability in all areas of New Zealand. The site has a due date calculator, midwife profiles and contact details, and information on New Zealand’s midwifery-led maternity care system.
Further information is also on the link www.healthpoint.co.nz/public/obstetric-and-gynaecology/capital-coast-dhb-womens-health-obstetrics/antenatal/
Please also download the "5 Things Before 10 Weeks" poster for more information about other decisions you will need to make in the first ten weeks of pregnancy. This information is available below in English, Maori, Hindu, Samoan, Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese.
- Hindi - 5 Things to do in the First 10 Weeks (PDF, 347.9 KB)
- Maori - 5 Things to do in the First 10 Weeks (PDF, 342.3 KB)
- Samoan - 5 Things to do in the First 10 Weeks (PDF, 367.4 KB)
- Simplified Chinese - 5 Things to do in the First 10 Weeks (PDF, 459 KB)
- Traditional Chinese - 5 Things to do in the First 10 Weeks (PDF, 549 KB)
- English - 5 Things to do in the First 10 Weeks (PDF, 2 MB)