Te Rito Ora
Public Service, Obstetric and Gynaecology, Community
Te Rito Ora is a free community-based service that provides breastfeeding and baby feeding information and support for all mothers and babies who live in South Auckland. They can work with you from the time you find out you are pregnant until your baby is 2 years old.
The team provide the following FREE services:
- Antenatal breastfeeding education - FREE support for infant feeding aged 0-2 years.
- Postnatal in-home breastfeeding support. Kaitipu Ora workers provide breastfeeding support in pregnancy and for under 2’s. The team has lactation consultants for more complex breastfeeding issues.
- Nutrition advice for under 2’s.
- Cooking workshops teaching healthy meals on a budget.
- Speakers who can come to your Mum and baby groups to discuss breastfeeding and/or starting solids.
- Peer support training for women who wish to learn more about breastfeeding to be able to help others in their community.
- Early Learning Centre sessions that encourage tamariki to consume more vegetables, and give parents practical tools to do so at home.
Seeking trained support can be key to your breastfeeding journey. Get in touch with the Te Rito Ora team: 0800HELPBF or email@example.com or ask your midwife or family doctor to refer you to the team.
Peer Support breastfeeding workshops - the workshops provide breastfeeding support for Mum and baby in a safe and inclusive environment. Mum can come together to enjoy a cup of tea and meet other new Mums.
14 - 17 April 2021
Location: Manukau Sports Bowl, 1 Boundary Road, Clover Park
Mums with little ones - come and visit the Te Rito Ora team in their breastfeeding-friendly space at Polyfest. Click here for more information.
This is a free service.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|