Waitematā DHB Obstetric & Gynaecology Services
Public Service, Obstetric and Gynaecology, Maternity
Early Pregnancy Clinic
The Early Pregnancy Clinic at North Shore Hospital sees women up to 19 weeks pregnant who have a confirmed pregnancy loss on ultrasound. Women must be well and have minimal symptoms.
Unfortunately women are not able to self-refer. Women who have concerns about bleeding and/or pain in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy should contact their GP or Lead Maternity Carer (Midwife).
Clinic Location & Times
- Clinics run Monday – Friday afternoons from 1pm.
- Women should report to Ground Floor Reception at the Elective Surgical Centre (opposite the main hospital building) at North Shore Hospital for their clinic appointment.
- Women will be seen in the clinic for an initial appointment to discuss treatment options and arrange a treatment plan. They do not need to attend the clinic fasting as this will be a consultative appointment only. Treatment, where appropriate, will be arranged for another day.
The Early Pregnancy Clinic phone number is 021 243 9729. This phone is attended by a nurse or nurse specialist Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm.
Miscarriage Treatment Options
See attached treatment options information
Miscarriage Information and Support
- Miscarriage - Expectant Management PIH June 13 (PDF, 50 KB)
- Medication to help your Miscarriage happen at home Sept 14 (PDF, 170.6 KB)
- Miscarriage - Evacuation of the Uterus in Surgical Unit Nov 13 (PDF, 127.6 KB)