Obstetric & Gynaecology Services | Waitematā | Te Whatu Ora
Public Service, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maternity
Early Pregnancy Clinic
The Early Pregnancy Clinic at North Shore Hospital sees women up to 19 weeks pregnant who have a confirmed pregnancy loss on ultrasound. Women must be well and have minimal symptoms.
Unfortunately women are not able to self-refer. Women who have concerns about bleeding and/or pain in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy should contact their GP or Lead Maternity Carer (Midwife).
Clinic Location & Times
- Clinics run Monday – Friday afternoons from 1pm.
- Women should report to Ground Floor Reception at the Elective Surgical Centre (opposite the main hospital building) at North Shore Hospital for their clinic appointment.
- Women will be seen in the clinic for an initial appointment to discuss treatment options and arrange a treatment plan. They do not need to attend the clinic fasting as this will be a consultative appointment only. Treatment, where appropriate, will be arranged for another day.
The Early Pregnancy Clinic phone number is 021 243 9729. This phone is attended by a nurse or nurse specialist Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm.
Miscarriage Treatment Options
See attached treatment options information
Miscarriage Information and Support
- Miscarriage - Allowing your miscarriage to happen naturally July 2020 (PDF, 205.1 KB)
- Medication to help your miscarriage at home November 19 (PDF, 185.9 KB)
- Miscarriage - Evacuation of the Uterus in Surgical Unit Sep 17 (PDF, 204.7 KB)
- EPC options pamphlet July 20 (DOCX, 83.3 KB)