Counties Manukau Health Memory Team
Public Service, Older People's Health
Scope of the Memory Team Service
The Memory Team is a service that continues to develop ways to reach as many people as possible in the Counties Manukau area. Currently the team is only able to cover a limited area with home visits.
All GP Practices have access to the Cognitive Impairment Pathway and e-learning through the Goodfellow Unit.
The current service provides:
- Home visits
- Specialised and comprehensive memory assessment
- Clarification of diagnosis of cognitive impairment or dementia
- Advice and support of carers, family/whaanau
- Assistance to clients and their families regarding planning for the future
- Discussions regarding Enduring Power of Attorney (EPOA) and Competency for EPOA
- Discussions regarding safety to continue driving, referrals to specific Driving Assessments
- Information and resources on memory loss, delirium and Advance Care Planning
- CT Brain Scans if required
- Follow up and education in conjunction with Dementia Auckland
- Care Coordination and liaison with other services – GPs, Needs Assessment Services, Mental Health Services and general health services etc.
- Liaison & advice for Memory Team clients while they are in Medical & Geriatric Wards at Middlemore Hospital.