Northland DHB Health of Older People (HOP)
Cleaning Services (previously known as Home Help)
Assessment for these services is only offered for those who also have personal care requirements.
Home Help: (now known as Cleaning Services)
Home help is no longer provided via this service IF assistance with domestic activities is the only requirement. If this is the case, this will need to be sourced and funded privately.
Home Support Services: Referral Criteria
Who is eligible for funded home support services?
- A person with an age related disability which is likely to continue for a minimum of six months and result in a reduction of independent function to the extent that on-going support is required.
- Requires help with:
showering, dressing or toileting
assistance or supervision with eating and drinking
- domestic activity support (i.e. housework) is available only to the clients who qualify under the criteria listed above.
- outside home maintenance e.g. gardening/lawns may be able to be funded by a disability allowance.
Referrals for assessment for home support services:
- Clients must be eligible for funded services (see above).
- Referrals for clients not already known to our service will require a current health review (from a primary care practitioner or specialist) prior to a home support needs assessment.
- For those clients known to the service who appear to have had a change in their health status, a GP or specialist review will generally be required before a needs assessment can occur.
If the person is eligible for cleaning services support, they can receive:
- up to a maximum of 2 hours cleaning service per week per household
- shopping support would be considered if there were no natural supports. This would be for a maximum of 1 hour per week to the closest shopping facility.