Northland DHB Health of Older People (HOP)
Personal Care Service
Assistance or supervision for showering/ bathing, dressing etc.
A person with an age related disability which is likely to continue for a minimum of six months and result in a reduction of independent function to the extent that ongoing support is required.
Can include any combination of the following activities:
- supervision needed to shower, dress and personal grooming
- requires hands on assistance to set up and shower, dress, dental hygiene etc
- requires assistance with toileting
- assistance or supervision with eating and drinking
- supervision of medication
- assistance with meal preparation (extenuating circumstances, not a daily service)
- assistance with exercises/mobility.
Frequency of service is based on client's assessed need. This includes the impact for the client of continence, cognitive impairment & mobility impairment etc.