Waitematā DHB Continence Service
Continence Nurse Specialists work with patients who have continence problems. They link with other clinicians such as geriatricians, physiotherapists, dietitians and occupational therapists as required. This service is part of the District Nursing Service.
The service provides:
- Assessment of urinary and faecal incontinence
- Bladder retraining programmes
- Bladder and bowel management care and advice
- Education for patients/caregivers
- Referral to a continence physiotherapist for assessment and treatment
- Consultation and advice on medication-induced incontinence
- Advice on continence products and the supply of products where the Ministry of Health Continence Service Specifications criteria are met and according to Waitematā DHB Continence Service protocols.
In accordance with the service specifications provided by the Funder, and with the patient’s permission, referrals will be accepted from:
- Self, family, caregivers, health professionals, GPs, hospital staff and specialists.
Any adult patient in the community who has a continence problem requiring advice, support, care and at times, supplementary supplies, to enable them to manage this issue at home.
Please telephone the Referral Screener for all requests, information and advice:
Phone: (09) 486 8945 ext 43222 (8.00am - 4.30pm; Monday to Friday)
Fax: (09) 486 8997 (for referrals)
- Continence Service - Nursing Information Sheet [Apr19] (PDF, 302.7 KB)
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:10AM on April 16, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Waitematā DHB Continence Service.