Cancer Care Service | Waitematā | Te Whatu Ora
Public Service, Oncology, Community, Kaupapa Māori
Formerly Waitematā DHB Whitiki Maurea - Māori Mental Health and Addiction Services
This is a FREE service
- Māori and their whānau
- 16 years and over
- A West Auckland resident
This is a non-urgent service. You will be contacted within five working days.
What can we do together?
- We can work together with you and your whānau to identify the best options available.
- Ensure that you and your whānau have a good understanding of:
- Your cancer and its pathway
- Your treatment
- Your medication
- Your on-going care.
- Link you with other health services to meet your needs.
- Help you to connect with Kaumātua and Kuia.
- Support you to connect with alternative holistic options.
- Provide ongoing support through regular visits and phone calls.
- Self referral
- Hospital services
- Oncology (anything to do with cancers)
- Outpatients clinic
- Social workers
- District nurses
- Cancer Society
- Other cancer support services.
Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
How do I access this service?
Self referral - phone 0800 924 942 call centre.
Whānau House, 6-8 Pioneer Street, Henderson, Level 2.
Make an appointment
Website / App
You may fax, email, phone or come to Whānau House, Level 2 to be referred to the Whānau Ora Navigation Cancer Care service. The contact details are on the brochure and this site. Please include the following:
- consent from the whānau
- whānau details: Name, NHI, DOB, Ethnicity, Address, GP practice, Phone number
- reason for referral
Whānau Ora Navigation Cancer Care is a free service for Māori and their Whānau 16 years and over, residing in West Auckland.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
No After Hours' service
0800 924 942 or (09) 8366683
(09) 838 4313
6-8 Pioneer Street
6-8 Pioneer Street
PO Box 21081
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:16PM on February 14, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Cancer Care Service | Waitematā | Te Whatu Ora.