Counties Manukau Health Orthopaedics
Pre-Admission Clinic (Elective Inpatient)
A week or two prior to your elective surgery you will be seen in a pre-admission clinic. At this clinic your general health status will be assessed by members of the Orthopaedic Team. If there are any health concerns, your surgery may be delayed or you may be referred onto another specialty such as Anaesthetics or Cardiology. You may also be required to have futher tests.
At the clinic you will be given information about your surgery and post-operative rehabilitation.
This is your ideal opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your surgery.
To clinic visits you need to bring with you:
- Any letters or reports from your doctor or other hospital.
- Any X-Rays, CT or MRI films and reports.
- All medicines you are taking, including herbal and natural remedies.
- Your pharmaceutical entitlement card.
- Your ACC number, if you have one.