Northland DHB Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Directorate
The Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Directorate (PSQID) was established in September 2012 and encompasses the former Quality Resource Unit. The Directorate now has a greater emphasis on improving patient safety and quality improvement, as well as playing a key role in supporting the management of adverse events (incidents) and complaints and ensuring the hospital is compliant with health standards through a regular national certification process.
The Directorate is involved with:
- Certification - The Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Directorate prepares the organisation to be audited against the Health & Disability Services Standards NZS8134:2008 which support the safe provision of services to the consumer.
- Clinical Audit
- Compliance Audit (audit against organisational policies)
- CRAB (software for monitoring and predicting clinical outcomes)
- DATIX (software for patient safety, risk management, patient complaint management, and adverse event reporting)
- Patient Experience (bedside and national surveys)
- Management of Controlled Documents and Patient Information
- Managing complaints process and other feedback
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement projects
- Quality & Safety Markers
- Tracer Audits (audit of the patients journey in hospital)
- Quality awards ( recognising excellence in DHB projects)
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Feedback on Services at Northland District Health Board
For any feedback such as compliments, complaints and suggestions contact us:… More
(09) 430 4101 extn: 7209 or 8805
(09) 430 0007
Fax (09) 430 4115 during working hours; (09) 430 4132 after hours
Emergency Department: Open 24 hours / 7 days, Phone (09) 430 4100
Private Bag 9742
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:08AM on January 23, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Northland DHB Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Directorate.