Waitemata DHB Asian Health Services
WATIS - Waitemata Translation & Interpreting Service
WATIS is a WDHB in-house translating and interpreting service with a 24-hour, 7-days call centre for coordinating requests for many languages, including NZ Sign language. Please see the main campus information for North Shore Hospital for the range of languages that an interpreter can be made available for.
Interpreting Service provided include:
• SINT - onsite interpreting. Interpreters are present at meetings/interviews to facilitate communication between parties
• TINT - telephone interpreting. Interpreters facilitate communication between parties over the telephone
• APC - appointment confirmation. Interpreters contact clients by telephone to confirm, cancel or reschedule appointments
• TA - telephone assignment. Interpreters make several telephone calls relating to the same client e.g. reminding clients to take medication
• Document Translation – translation of any written information e.g. brochures, health information, etc.
For booking enquiries contact WATIS Call Centre:
Phone: (09) 442 3211
WDHB Extn. 42211
Fax: (09) 486 8307
Or you could request booking online at www.watis.org.nz
For fees, recruitment or other enquiries contact Hong Lo:
Phone (09) 442 7219 E-mail: