Northland Child Protection Service
Public Service, Sexual Abuse Medicine, Community, Paediatrics, Sexual Harm
All people living safe and free from violence, abuse and neglect in healthy
The Child Protection Service works throughout Northland to promote awareness, and provide education and understanding on the identification and impact of child abuse and family violence; this also includes partner abuse and abuse of the elderly.
Consultation and advice regarding:
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Referral
Child Sexual Abuse Assessment and Treatment Service
The service provides health care for children and young people, aged 0 – 13 years, following a disclosure of historic sexual abuse or recent sexual assault.… More
Sexual abuse medical
Do You Need Help Now?
If you are in danger phone the Police on 111.
Other services that can provide help and information:
- Women's Refuge - 0800 REFUGE or 0800 733 843
- It's Not OK - 0800 456 450
- Oranga Tamariki - 0508 FAMILY or 0508 326 459
- Victim Support - 0800 VICTIM or 0800 842 846
- 0800 HEY BRO or 0800 439 276 - For men who feel they’re going to harm a loved one or whānau member
- Youthline - 0800 376 633
- Barnardos - 09 438 2954
- Family Court of New Zealand
- Family Start
- Kids Health
- KidsLine - 0800 942 8787
- National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Office of the Children’s Commissioner
- Parentline -
- Plunket - 0800 933 922
- Youth Court
- Youthlaw - Family Violence and Young People
(09) 430 4101 - ask for Child Protection
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm to discuss concerns.
Out of Hours
Access to this service can be made after hours for forensic examinations following sexual assault/abuse.
After hours please contact:
Whangarei Hospital telephonist: (09) 430 4100 ask for the on call Paediatrician
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children: 0508 FAMILY (0508 326 459)
Private Bag 9742
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:16PM on June 16, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Northland Child Protection Service.