Northland DHB Sexual Health Service
Your local Sexual Health team is available to help you with your sexual health concerns during Alert Level 2 regardless of where you live in Northland.
Alert level 2 requires us to organise our services in a different way so you will notice some changes.
We are offering phone consultations and clinic appointments:
- Please phone us first and we will discuss how we can best help you.
- We can arrange some testing and treatment by phone and email so you may not need to come to the clinic.
- We hope to open our Kaikohe and Dargaville clinics in June.
- Please check this page for updates or phone 0800 286 828 for information. In the meantime we may be able to help you via a phone consultation as we can arrange some testing at your local lab and send prescriptions to your pharmacy of choice.
If a clinic visit is recommended:
- We will enquire about COVID-19 risk factors both when you phone and on arrival at clinic.
- Should you drop in without a pre-booked appointment please be prepared to wait as appointments will be prioritised.
- On arrival at the clinic please phone us from your car (or outside) to advise us of your arrival - the door may be locked as only four clients can be inside at any one time.
- If you have been to our clinic in the past you will notice some changes - these are to maintain distancing and hygiene standards and keep everyone safe.
- We ask you to use hand sanitiser when you enter the clinic, maintain two metre distancing from staff and other clients and follow our hygiene procedures.
Please call Freephone 0800 286 828 between Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm to discuss your needs.
- Adult sexual abuse service: medical, psychological & social care
- Contraceptive advice
- Diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and other related conditions (including Genital Warts (HPV), Genital Herpes (HSV)
- STI testing for chlamydia, trichomonas, gonorrhoea, syphilis, HIV, hepatitis B and C
- Emergency contraception
- FREE CONDOMS
- Pregnancy testing
- Contraceptive advice and provision
- Sexual health counselling
- Sexual health education for clients and health professionals
- PrEP Pre Exposure Prophylaxis
- HPV vaccinations
- Hep B vaccinations
Sexual Health Screening for the following:
Dargaville Clinic is closed for the Covid - 19 lock down period.
Sexual Health Services are available at the main Whangarei Clinic via freephone 0800 286 828 Mon - Fri 9.30 - 4pm
29 Rankin Street, Kaikohe
Kaikohe Clinic is closed for the Covid - 19 lock down period.
Sexual Health Services are available at the main Whangarei Clinic freephone via 0800 286 828 Mon - Fri 9.30 - 4pm
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 8:51AM on May 21, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Northland DHB Sexual Health Service.