Wāhi Rua: New Zealand Maternal Fetal Medicine Network (NZMFMN)
NZMFMN Recommendations of Practice
- Cleft lip/palate (PDF, 660.1 KB)
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (PDF, 758.9 KB)
- Cytomegalovirus in Pregnancy (PDF, 317.6 KB)
- Fetal Arrhythmia (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Fetal Echogenic Bowel (PDF, 668.7 KB)
- Fetal Heart Assessment Brochure Landscape (PDF, 4.7 MB)
- Fetal Ventriculomegaly (PDF, 677.8 KB)
- Fetal Intra-abdominal Umbilical Vein Varix -Mar 23 v1.2 (PDF, 729.2 KB)
- Gastroschisis (PDF, 277.4 KB)
- Hepatitis B in Pregnancy (PDF, 526.8 KB)
- Isolated Choroid Plexus Cyst (PDF, 723.7 KB)
- Lethal Skeletal Dysplasia (PDF, 281.7 KB)
- Monkeypox and Pregnancy (PDF, 833.1 KB)
- Multiple Pregnancy (PDF, 317.7 KB)
- Nonimmune Hydrops Fetalis (PDF, 389.2 KB)
- Nuchal Translucency (PDF, 559.1 KB)
- NZMFM SGA (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- NZMFMN Obstetric Doppler (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- Pre pregnancy counselling for Fertility Patients MFM (PDF, 783.4 KB)
- Shortened Humerus or Femur (PDF, 665.3 KB)
- Toxoplasmosis (PDF, 411.7 KB)
- Investigation and Management of Fetal/Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia (FNAIT) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Note: PDF downloads require the free Adobe Reader application to view.
Hubs and Services of Wāhi Rua NZMFMN
Referrals to Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) services should be sent to your local MFM Hub -
The three NZ hubs are in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch hospital.
If you have any clinical questions or queries please also direct them to your local MFM Hub.
Each Hub has Obstetricians, Gynaecologists and Sub-specialists with an expertise in MFM. In general the area served is fixed, although with a network there is the flexibility to provide cover between units when needed.
All three Hubs provide MFM assessment and standard management. Some procedures are performed in one or two centres and where appropriate women will be referred on from one MFM unit to another by the MFM staff.
For general non-urgent network queries (non referrals) contact:
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:38AM on December 6, 2023.