ACROSS Te Kotahitanga O te Wairua prides itself on its special character which includes responding in a caring and compassionate way to the needs of those in the community requiring immediate and/or long term support.
ACROSS is staffed by both social workers and counsellors who provide a range of social and mental health services to adults, children and families.
Client referrals (including self referrals) and enquiries can be made for individual client work or programmes.
Our services and programmes include:
- Social work with families - supporting families to find solutions to problems they may be facing, assess the most appropriate support necessary and ensure safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Groups for new parents (SPACE - supporting children alongside children’s education) - aimed mainly at first time parents with newborn babies, to provide support through their child's first year.
- Incredible Years Parenting Programme - for parents of children aged 3-8 years.
- Strengthening Families Programme - pulls together support for families/whänau.
- Triple P Positive Parenting Programme - suggests simple routines and small changes that can make a big difference to your family.
- Foster care - families may, from time to time, require support to provide for the care of their children. This may involve children staying for planned periods of time with alternative caregivers or foster parents.
- Bereaved by Suicide Support Group - aims to provide immediate help to people so they can begin to come to terms with their loss and deal with ongoing feelings of grief.
- Counselling - provides one to one help for individual adults, children and families.
- Anxiety group for children - Project Calm is a programme for 8-12 year olds and their parents/caregivers. It is aimed at reducing anxiety.
- Postnatal Depression Support Group - offering women experiencing postnatal depression an opportunity to speak about their experience in a safe and supportive environment.
Under 12 months, 1-4 years old, 5-12 years old, 13-17 years old, 18+ years old
How do I access this service?
Education and training
- Pre-school education
- Parenting education
- Whanau support
Sexual harm victims/survivors - Do you need ACC counselling?
(06) 356 7486 or 0800 ACROSS (0800 227 677)
(06) 357 4988
294A Church Street
294A Church Street
PO Box 1140
Palmerston North 4440
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:29AM on April 12, 2018.