The Community Connections Centre (operating under Community Networking Trust) is a community house where you can access social services and support. We support the Eastern Southland region.
The following services are provided at the Community Connections Centre:
- Heartland Services - access for the general public to Government and community agencies and services.
- Strengthening Families - case management process for families working with multiple agencies.
- Mataura Community Development - community-led support for the Mataura community.
- Youth Worker Service - a strengths-based, client focused approach to empowering young people (aged 5-18), removing barriers and providing advocacy.
- Hokonui Huanui - community led initiative supporting young people and their whanau from 0-24years of age to achieve positive outcomes via three workstreams: Family/Whanau Navigator, Learning 2 Earning service; and health and wellbeing
We also provide information around other social and support services, and are to happy to assist with making appointments where needed.
We facilitate monthly community liaison meetings for agencies and organisations working in the local community, as well as lead and participate in various community projects.
Under 12 months, 1-4 years old, 5-12 years old, 13-17 years old, 18+ years old, Older adult
How do I access this service?
Make an appointment
Anyone can contact the Centre for information and enquiries.
Strengthening Families, Youth Worker and Hokonui Huanui services do require a referral. We can support you to complete the referral process…
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Education and training
Legal / civil services
- Consumer rights
- Legal advice
- Tax advice
Supporting financial independence
Services are free
Contact us online here
1 Charlton Lane
1 Charlton Lane
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:31AM on June 15, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Community Connections Centre.