Family Works Northern
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Family Works Northern builds safe, strong and connected families. Our social services help children, young people and families feel supported and included in their communities.
We believe that every family can be a great family. Families work well when they are free from violence, share healthy relationships, and have the resources they need to flourish. Our approach is to work alongside families, supporting them to build on their strengths.
Our approach means we:
- recognise the unique strengths and potential in each person
- value differences
- believe that change happens when we all work together
- acknowledge that each person’s own perspective takes priority
- believe that positive change occurs through caring relationships
- see challenges positively, as difficulties that can bring out the best in people
- acknowledge that people feel more comfortable with familiarity and consistency
- encourage people to succeed.
We offer a wide range of social services including family counselling, parenting and children’s programmes, family violence prevention services, financial mentoring/budgeting support, advocacy, family social work, social workers in schools and family dispute resolution.
Family Works Northern is the largest provider of Social Workers in Schools (SWiS), working with children in 134 low decile schools. We have service centres across the Upper North Island from Whangārei to Taupō.
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke
How do I access this service?
Walk in, Referral, Make an appointment
Most of our services are free
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Conflict, family violence and poverty are just some of the issues families can face. We have experienced family workers at all our Family Works Northern sites to help them make…
Supporting financial independence
Our financial mentors can help you work out your finances and plan for the future. Regardless of whether you receive a benefit, ACC payments, wages or a salary, we’ll help…
Abuse and violence
- Conflict resolution mediation
- Education programmes
- Family violence intervention
- Information & support
- Referral to specialist services
- Victim support
We provide free, professional counselling for children and families who are affected by abuse. We also offer programmes including:
- Restore - helping children feel safe at home and support those…
- Parenting education
Family Works offers programmes designed to help you improve your parenting skills including:
- Strengthening Step-Families (available in North Shore Auckland, West Auckland and Waikato)
- Parenting through seperation (available in Rotorua,…
When times are tough, we can provide emergency food parcels to help you and your family until you’re back on your feet. We're here to support you. You will require…
A prison sentence separates family members from each other and their children. Family Works helps inmates stay connected with their families, and supports them on release.
This service is available…
Education and training
- Pre-school education
- Life skills
- Skills courses
Bay of Plenty, Central Auckland, Lakes, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, Waikato, West Auckland
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:47AM on March 17, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Family Works Northern.