Refuge advocates work in the community to provide you and your children with support including:
- individual safety plans
- making referrals to services such as counselling, doctors and support programmes
- helping when you go to Work and Income and with any benefits you may be entitled to
- helping find the right lawyer for you and supporting you when visiting them
- supporting you in court, including getting safely to and from the building and helping you with preparation
- providing transport to access the above if no other resources are available.
The Maori community advocate provides crisis support for Maori wahine and their tamariki who are affected by family violence.
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:52AM on December 4, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Hestia Women's Refuge.