8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Formerly Bay of Plenty Sexual Assault Support Services
24-hour sexual harm support, including: crisis counselling support, medical support and ACC Sensitive Claims Counselling Support.
Call us on 0800 227 233 (0800 2B SAFE), or submit an online referral through our website, tautokomai.co.nz.
- Children (0–12) who have disclosed sexual abuse or where there are concerns about possible sexual abuse
- Adolescents (13 –19) who have been sexually abused or have experienced sexual assault/unwanted sexual contact
- Adults (20+) who have ever experienced sexual assault/abuse
Region: Bay of Plenty and Waikato
Our FREE service encompasses a region-wide support team of dedicated professionals who offer confidential and immediate help to survivors of sexual harm.
- Specialist medical support from a team of nurses and sexual assault clinicians
- Forensic medical examination (collecting evidence for police)
- Therapeutic examination including STI and pregnancy prevention
- Medical follow up: support and advice, STI screen, medical assessment
- Crisis support services, provided by counsellors and social workers for immediate, short-term support
- ACC sensitive claims counselling support: assistance in providing a long-term ACC Counsellor
All services are FREE and confidential.
How to Access:
Phone us: Call the 24/7 helpline on 0800 227 233 (0800 2B SAFE).
Internet and email: Submit an online referral through our website at www.tautokomai.co.nz or email us at email@example.com
We accept referrals from any source by: phone/fax/email, including self-referrals, whanau/friends, NZ Police, Oranga Tamariki, CAMHS, community agencies, counsellors, GPs, After-hours medical services, and schools.
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Our normal office hours are 8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), but you can still get in touch with us outside these hours on our FREE 24/7 phone line: 0800 227 233 (0800 2B SAFE).
By contacting us on our 0800 number you will have access to a nurse, counsellor or support worker - 24/7 every day of the year.
Public Holidays: Open on all public holidays..
All agency referrals should be made either through our website: www.tautokomai.co.nz, or through firstname.lastname@example.org.
All services are free
(PDF, 619.7 KB)
This referral form may be emailed to
We are located at 7 Kauri Street, on the corner of Cameron Road, opposite Mitre 10 Mega.
NOTE: If you are driving from the city end of Cameron Road, turn right at the lights beside New World Gate Pa, then left into Rimu Street and left into Kauri Street as there is no right turn into Kauri Street (See Google Maps).
We have parking onsite, but please be aware that roadside parking is limited.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:11AM on June 16, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Tautoko Mai Sexual Harm Support.