Te Whare Aio is a Māori Women's Refuge for our wahine and tamariki in Auckland needing a safe space.
At Te Whare Aio - Māori Women's Refuge, we provide the support and information you need when you’re dealing with violence in your life.
Our free confidential services include:
- Confidential, non judgmental support
- 24 hour crisis line
- Home and community visits
- Support in isolated regions
- 24/7 access to our safe houses
- Advocacy when dealing with police, legal, court, WINZ, housing, doctors, schools and Oranga Tamariki
- Referrals to counsellors, doctors, lawyers and other support services
- Education and support groups for women and children about living free from violence
- Information and presentations to community groups, schools and workplace as part of our Workplace Refuge training
- Whānau Protect
Child / Tamariki, Adult / Pakeke, Youth / Rangatahi
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Referral
The service is free and confidential.
Abuse and violence
- Education programmes
- Information & support
- Referral to specialist services
- Victim support
Bus services outside the door.
Plenty of on-street and off-street parking.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:37PM on October 4, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Te Whare Aio - Māori Women's Refuge.